From the Vanguard: The Daily Vanguard is currently looking to hire a Designer for our Ad Office. If you are interested in getting some REAL WORLD experience to put on your resume then this is the position for you.
We are currently seeking a hard working and devoted person who can commit to 12-15 flexible hours a week. The duties of this position include but are not limited to:
• Design ads and promotional material, including house ads as needed
• Create Color separations
• Coordinate all ads with the reps and consult with clients when requested
• Create original ad designs and rework existing designs
• Advise and remedy any computer graphic problems
• Develop other design work as needed
• Check production files to insure all ads sold are completed and ready for print by established deadline
All applicants seeking employment should meet or exceed the following qualifications:
• Ability to meet deadlines and maintain professionalism while under pressure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Successful completion of at least two graphic design courses
• Proficient in the use of computer graphic software programs, specifically PhotoShop, QuarkXpress, Illustrator, Scanmaker, InDesign, and be able to work quickly with MAC OS
Knowledge of Flash and the ability to work with or create interactive online ads is a plus but not required. Pay for this position is stipend at 340.00 a month.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position we would like you to create a sample ad selling yourself to us. You have complete creative control over what it looks like and what information you choose to include. The ad must be full color and we would like a ¼ page ad (5” wide by 8” tall.) Your sample ad will replace the cover letter on your resume.
Please send your sample ad (in .pdf form) and resume to email@example.com
If you have any questions please contact the Assistant Ad Manager Matt Kirtley in the Ad Office (503-725-4544)