Course Equivalencies and Exceptions
Because of our constant efforts to improve the Graphic Design program, certain alternatives and exceptions have been created to streamline the process for students to meet all of their requirements and graduate in a timely manner.
For Fall 2020, and forward, our official statement is to:
Students can take EITHER ART 103 or DES 140.
Anyone past the review does NOT need to go backwards to fulfill DES 125 or DES 140. For DARS exceptions:
- For students who have passed the Review, ART 103 is subbed for DES 140.
- ART 101 or 102 can be used for DES 125.
Sophomores this year (AY 2020-2021) are encouraged to take DES 125, but if they’ve taken ART 101 or ART 102, we will sub those.
For students who are using a catalog year of Summer 2020 and prior:
- BA/BS Students: stay the course!!!!
- BFA Students: consider running the DARS both with your existing and with the new Fall 2020 catalog years and compare. The intention with the changes for Fall 2020, is to lighten the credit load, and so many students will likely benefit from moving to a Fall 2020 catalog year.
- If students move to a FA 2020 catalog, they can update their catalog year in Banweb, but truly the point at which it matters, is when they go to apply for Graduation, they select their catalog year.