The PSU School of Art + Design Prize for Empowerment is looking to fund one art project that promotes diversity and equity within the School of Art + Design and beyond. This award will go towards supporting a yet to be realized art project that celebrates the identity and amplifies the voices of LGBTQIAP and/or people of color.
The 1st Prize winner will receive a $300 cash prize and an opportunity to show their work in the Art Building, as well as a feature on the Art + Design website. Honorable mention prizes will be given to two other deserving applicants.
* Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students enrolled at PSU’s School of Art + Design in Art Practices, Art History, or Graphic Design at the time of application in order to be eligible.
* Applicants must have a valid pdx.edu email address in order to fill out the application.
* Applicants should propose a project that they plan to realize before the end of Spring Quarter.
* Applications from LGBTQIAP and/or people of color are highly encouraged.
* Applications from collaborative teams are welcome.
One winner will be selected to realize their project by a jury comprised of distinguished members from the School of Art + Design community. Applicants to the award will be notified of the results via email by May 5th; at which point, an agreement for disbursement of funds and presentation of the project during the 10th week of Spring Term 2018 will be arranged with the 1st Prize winner. Delivery of honorable mention prizes will also be arranged at this time.
DEADLINE: Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 at 5PM
Contact Samantha Peters (they/she) at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions