Twenty Ideas is the home of passionate people who work together to create technology solutions for clients across a variety of sectors. Our team values innovative cooperative design and development in an environment full of mutual respect and social capital. In other words, we work together with respect to build really awesome things.
We’re looking for a Junior UI Designer to join our team in our beautiful Eugene office.
Here’s what you’ll do…
* Help craft, document, use, and champion a design system for each project – and help express those to developers into a component design system that can be implemented into a development framework.
* Work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form new products and features, then designing the workflows & detailed interactions to realize them
* Work with Design director and senior UI designers to produce clickable prototypes using design systems and components created by the team.
* Iterate based on feedback from the whole team
* Collaborate with other design team members to ideate on concepts, and flesh out ideas.
* Work closely with engineers to refine your work as they build and ship ideas
* Help with general production work like create assets, slices, and using your photoshop ninja skills to create product images useful to ongoing product development.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED?
* A passion for design thinking, and a firm understanding of the fundamentals of basic graphic design principles.
* A desire to learn and grow. Let’s face it, in tech, no one knows everything, or has it all figured out. An open mindset, and desire to learn is essential.
* A firm grasp on graphic design applications like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite are absolutely necessary. You’ll need to hit the ground running with these tools.
* A keen eye for product UI that is both beautiful, and well-considered for usability and functionality.
* Strong ideas held lightly. We need a team player, who is not afraid to share their design thinking but is also not so close to their work that they get angry with outside input and feedback.
BONUS POINTS AWARDED FOR:
* Experience with HTML and CSS. Let’s face it, web designers medium is code, and so it’s important to have a basic understanding of how our designs translate. Botticelli had to know how brushes and paint worked after all.
* An understanding of tech frameworks, and how components work. We particularly like Vue and React (but who doesn’t, right?).
* A passion project or two that you’ve designed or collaborated with someone on
What’s in it for you:
* Opportunity for continued learning, with chances for professional development and peer mentorship.
* Competitive salary in a growing company
* A nurturing and positive work environment
* Flexible schedule
These benefits start on DAY ONE:
* Retirement Fund Employer Matching Program
* Health Insurance
* Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Leave
* Working with really great people, who care about technology and design, in a nurturing and community-oriented environment.
To apply, please visit https://twentyideas.workable.com/jobs/1011891 and apply for the job. Resumes are nice, but portfolios are important. We’re looking for someone who can let their work speak. Please make sure to include a link to a digital portfolio.