The Student Media Technology department at Portland State University is hiring a student web developer to assist its student-run media organizations. The position is ideal for students looking to improve their skills and knowledge of web technologies.
The position, 10 hours per week at $14.25 per hour through June 30, 2021, is renewable annually contingent on student fee funding and reports to the Technology Advisor within Student Media.
– Maintains minimum institutional GPA (2.5 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate students)
– Enroll and complete at least 6 undergraduate or 5 graduate PSU credit hours per term during the academic year
– No credit minimum for Summer term, but must still be a returning student
– Must be able to commit to a set weekly schedule for each term
– Helping to maintain the Student Media groups’ websites
– Creating web-based projects to help promote & define Student Media Operations
– Researching emerging and relevant media technologies for Show & Tech Youtube series
– Partnering with the Student Media groups to create projects centered around emerging technologies
– Quality Assurance checks on web content
– Other related duties as assigned
– WordPress or CMS Equivalent
Additional Preferred Skills:
Visit https://technicallyfunctional.org/join-our-team/ and fill out the Google Form linked under the position.