The Center for Public Service (CPS) aspires to enhance the legitimacy of – and citizen trust in – public service institutions and the people who work in them. Through the integration of theory, scholarly research and practice, the Center, enhances the legitimacy and effectiveness of public Service institutions and democratic governance.
This position works with CPS, its related programs, and program managers to create marketing and communication documents. Duties include maintaining the CPS website, posting to different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), creating email templates through MyEmma, and creating marketing materials. There will also be some large-scale projects that will require more work and designs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Experience with using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
• Strong understanding of both digital and print design
• Experience with website editing and/or design
• Ability to learn new platforms, tools, and design requirements. Examples include MyEmma, PSU’s website builder, and digital accessibility concepts.
• Effective oral and written communication skills for interacting (in writing, in person, and on Zoom) with CPS and CUPA faculty, staff, and fellows
• Ability to prioritize and manage projects with competing deadlines
• Ability to work on projects with little supervision
• Preference given to candidates with photography skills for potential future events
10 to 15 hours/week, which can be arranged to fit your academic schedule. Preference will be given to candidates who are available to work for CPS for a minimum of a one-year commitment.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line. Attach your resume and cover letter in .pdf format. Include your portfolio (URL or PDF) or a few work samples showing page layout and typography.