FEDERAL WORK STUDY PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED.
Global Diversity and Inclusion is the central division that leads and facilitates the continuous quest for Inclusive Excellence at Portland State. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is not only a value and a mission of PSU, it is the essential framework of who we are and what we do as an institution and community.
The Student Coordinator for Marketing and Design is responsible for marketing and outreach activities for Global Diversity & Inclusion. The position would update and maintain the GDI website and social media, produce print materials (i.e. flyers, posters, reports), manage marketing campaigns and newsletters, and help assist the oﬀice operations and its staﬀ. This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President. A successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Experience in creating compelling visuals for digital, print and social media platforms
• Proficiency in core Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
• Experience with Drupal web content management and PSU Web Standards
• Knowledge of various social media platforms, management and social analytics tools
• Ability to develop and execute successful marketing/outreach plans
• Have good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work and assist staﬀ professionally with various special projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Oﬀice, Google apps, email marketing/forms/survey programs
• Exceptional customer service skills with a positive, inclusive and welcoming attitude
• Able to attend and assist with campus events sponsored by GDI
• Experience working with individuals from diverse background and diverse cultures
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and willingness to assist in any way possible
• Punctual, reliable and able to complete projects in a timely manner
• Able to work 10 or more hours a week
Responsibilities are generally completed with minimal supervision, and are almost entirely conducted in various social media accounts. Qualified student applicants will have experience in using social media to promote and expand readership for an organization, club, or business. Excellent written/oral communications, project-management, and time-management skills are required for this position.
To apply please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover Letter
• Work Study Certificate of Eligibility (available through the Financial Aid Oﬀice)
• Design Samples of a poster or flyer that you have created and other marketing/outreach visuals for digital (i.e. web, email, social, etc.)
If you have questions about the position please contact Global Diversity & Inclusion by phone at 503.725.5919, or email at email@example.com.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ASAP. Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until finalists are identified.