Student Coordinator for Marketing & Design
Federal Work-Study Eligibility Preferred
Global Diversity and Inclusion is the central division that leads and facilitates the continuous quest for Inclusive Excellence at Portland State. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is not only a value and a mission of PSU, it is the essential framework of who we are and what we do as an institution and community.
The Student Coordinator for Marketing and Design is responsible for marketing and outreach activities for Global Diversity & Inclusion. The position would update and maintain the GDI website and social media, produce print materials (i.e. flyers, posters, reports), manage marketing campaigns and newsletters, and help assist the office operations and its staff. This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the Vice President. A successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• Experience in creating compelling visuals for digital, print and social media platforms
• Proficiency in core Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
• Experience with Drupal web content management and PSU Web Standards
• Knowledge of various social media platforms, management and social analytics tools
• Ability to develop and execute successful marketing/outreach plans
• Have good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work and assist staff professionally with various special projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google apps, email marketing/forms/survey programs
• Exceptional customer service skills with a positive, inclusive and welcoming attitude
• Able to attend and assist with campus events sponsored by GDI
• Experience working with individuals from diverse background and diverse cultures
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and willingness to assist in any way possible
• Punctual, reliable and able to complete projects in a timely manner
• Able to work 10 or more hours a week
To apply please send the following to email@example.com:
– Cover Letter
– Design Samples of a poster or flyer that you have created and other marketing/outreach visuals for digital (i.e. email) and social media platforms.
If you have questions about the position please contact 503-725-5919 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
OPEN UNTIL FILLED – PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ASAP
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will remain open until finalists are identified.
Portland State University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Institution and welcomes
applications from diverse candidates who support diversity.