PSU’s College of Urban and Public Affairs (CUPA) is seeking a Social Media Specialist to assist with our student recruitment efforts. This student will help manage the college’s blog and social accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We are changing the way we communicate through these channels in an effort to better reach prospective students. We want to tell CUPA’s story by featuring its people—faculty, staff, and students—rather than focusing only on program information. The student in this position will work alongside the Marketing and Communications Manager and Director of Student Recruitment, as well as another student who will be developing content for these channels. They will understand CUPA’s social media best practices and provide input on CUPA’s editorial calendar to assure that posts and content are 1) timely and relevant, 2) being seen by the right people, and 3) encouraging the audience to engage with us.
Ideal candidate profile:
Your phone is never out of arm’s reach. (It’s OK to admit it.) You’re active on social media and you’re a bit of a news junkie. You like keeping up with digital trends, despite how quickly they change. You can develop creative ways of breaking through the noisy digital world to reach prospective students. You like to do research before jumping into a project.
· Highly motivated, detail oriented, and a self-starter
· Knowledge of social media strategies
· Ability to analyze how content performs across channels
· Understanding of SEO best practices and digital marketing conventions
What you’ll do:
· Develop an overarching plan for CUPA’s social media presence
· Intimately understand our audience segments and how (and where) they engage with us
· Research CUPA’s offerings and make recommendations for how to highlight what we do
· Work with the content writer to develop creative ways of packaging content
· Keep your eyes peeled for good social content
· Review performance metrics and adjust strategy accordingly
The position is approximately 10 hours/week (with some flexibility) and pays $12/hr.
Apply on Handshake! https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1934766