We are currently looking for industrial machine operators and production assistants. Here is the info for the sewing machine operator role:
· Work experience doing repetitive tasks accurately and efficiently
· Experience using industrial sewing machines
· Ability to sit and operate an industrial sewing machine for up to a 10 hour shift
· Ability to read complicated and detailed Orders of Operations and follow instructions accurately
· Ability to use hands and feet for repetitive tasks
· Accuracy in counting, measuring, and timing
· Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
· Production sewing of handbags and accessories (generally doing one part of a process rather than sewing from start to finish)
· Read Orders of Operations and sew to exactly those specifications (including exact seam allowances, number of stitches per inch, thread choice, etc)
· Position may also include basic janitorial/organizational tasks including sweeping/mopping, inventorying parts and/or fabrics, tidying production room to help maintain an orderly and safe working environment.
· Be OK with shifting priorities and not easily flustered. We encourage open feedback and have a kitchen-like atmosphere with many busy people working around each other without getting distracted.
· Follow directions exactly as shown/written. Identify any deviations from samples and bring those to the attention of your manager as they happen.
· Arrive on time and be ready to start at the beginning of shift (M-Th 7:30am-6pm)
· Practice excellent internal customer service, staying friendly and helpful to co-workers, clients and visitors.
· Work at an acceptable speed while maintaining strict quality standards. We expect that you’ll ask for feedback on your timing, identify areas that you’re most/least efficient at, and work to improve areas of inefficiency or switch tasks if appropriate
· Be able to operate a number of different machines and switch between them as necessary
Apply through Indeed at https://indeedhi.re/36YQBS8 OR send a resume (or questions) directly to Dana at firstname.lastname@example.org (she is very responsive and interested to hear from folks directly).
I’ve listed the application deadline as 8/20/2021, but the application period will be open until all positions are filled. If you’re not sure, reach out to Dana by email! Additionally, if your schedule only allows for part-time work, please reach out to Dana anyway. There is some flexibility with scheduling for the right applicants.