Portland State University, Office of University Communications, is seeking a Production Graphic Designer to quickly and accurately produce graphic design projects both in digital and print, working directly with clients to complete graphic designs tasks from initial concept to final project delivery. Often juggling many projects at once, the individual must be able to work within the PSU brand quickly and effectively. Strong typography and layout skills is a must. Knowledge of the PSU brand and the Portland vibe is a plus. The position reports directly to the Creative Director in the Office of University Communications. The Production Graphic Designer’s duties will include:
• Email campaigns: Design and build html emails in several platforms. (10%)
• Print and digital production: Can include copy creation and editing. Partner with in-house video person on animating digital ads. Work directly with client from concept to delivery. Prepare electronic files for print or digital publication. Update previously designed pieces or existing templates. Work within brand guidelines. (70%)
• Tools and templates for the campus community: Create templates for poster, flyers, postcards in Word and Indesign. Powerpoint presentations. Digital ads. (5%)
• Content for pdx.edu: Picking and sizing photos, or creating custom illustrations to go with features. (5%)
• PSU’s online asset portal: Loading and tagging photos, logos, and templates onto Photoshelter. (5%)
• Creative design: Coming up with a new look and feel for a campaign. Creating a new branding scheme from scratch. Creative illustration. (5%)
Skills and Requirements:
• Three years of graphic design experience
• Ability to multitask
• Strong attention to detail
• Produce projects quickly and accurately
• Strong typography and layout skills
• Copy editing skills
• In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
• Knowledge of the PSU brand and the Portland vibe a plus.
About Us: As Oregon’s only urban public global research university, Portland State offers tremendous opportunity to nearly 28,000 students from all backgrounds. Our mission to ”Let Knowledge Serve the City” reflects our dedication to finding creative, sustainable solutions to local and global problems. Our location in the heart of Portland, one of America’s most dynamic cities, gives our students unmatched access to career connections and an internationally acclaimed culture scene. ”U.S. News & World Report” ranks us among the nation’s most innovative universities.
https://www.pdx.edu | @PSUinfoandnews
PSU creates an environment that:
• Acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences
• Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
• Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
• Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Job Type: Classified temporary position, approximately 20 hours per week, $26.96/hour, ending July 1, 2019.
Email resume, cover letter and a link to your design portfolio to Creative Director Brett Forman at email@example.com. Only applications with design samples will be considered. No phone calls please.