This position is responsible for supporting the senior graphic design staff in the creation of project deliverables, and ensuring deliverables are produced with a high degree of accuracy and usability. This position will be temporary and part-time.
A thorough understanding of graphic design principles and printing methods and techniques is required in order to successfully meet the requirements of this position.
The essential priorities of this position are to:
- Support senior designers in conceptualizing and developing branding and graphic design elements for print and web.
– Prepare production-ready files; manage and coordinate production of materials with print and outside vendors.
RESPONSIBILITIES + TASKS
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare project deliverables including maps, infographics, outreach and marketing collateral
– Design and layout of long documents such as reports and grant applications.
– Optimize photography for print and web-ready projects.
– Assist with design briefs by gathering information and data through research.
– Ensure accuracy in all graphic-based documents including copyediting and proofreading
This position requires a combination of skills, experience and education including, but not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field of study, or 2-3 years of experience
– Portfolio showcasing experience in print production, typography, color, layout and map making
– Must be able to take direction, as well as conceptualize and design projects independently when needed
– Consistently apply and enforce branding and style guidelines
– Ability to learn from and handle critiques
– Ability to work independently and efficiently on multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
– Excellent time management skills, strong organizational skills and superior attention to details
– Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and analytic skills.
– Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Passion for active living and non-motorized transportation
– Experience with wayfinding and environmental design
– Experience with outreach campaigns (SmartTrips, Individualized Marketing, Transportation Demand Management)
– Creating wireframes and style frames for website design and production.
– Designing basic websites
– Designing templates in MS Word
Please apply via the link on the following page, and be sure to upload your resume and work samples or provide a link to your portfolio. No phone calls please.