Opinionated is a creatively-led advertising agency located in Portland, OR. Founded in 2017, the executive team
collectively brings a unique mix of award-winning talent and years of experience working at top agencies on the
world's best brands. As a start-up, Opinionated offers team members the opportunity to directly impact the business.
Each and every employee makes a difference. We will tap into the skills you bring and provide you an opportunity to
stretch and learn new skills so you grow and feel challenged. We care about our people and want you to love what
you do and where you do it.
About the Role:
Opinionated is partnering with Portland State University’s Design program to create an agency internship program
to coincide with PSU’s school year (Fall, Winter, Spring 10-week terms, as well as the 12-week Summer term).
Therefore, 4 unique interns per year. And out of fairness and opportunity for all, Opinionated will not consider the
same Design Intern over back-to-back terms.
The Design Intern will be working in a dynamic, fast paced, and creative agency, supporting the agency with the
development and delivery of cut through creative. So the ideal candidate will be a talented and knowledgeable
designer with fresh, creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail.
The Design intern will report to the Design Director and will be responsible for assisting across multiple client
accounts as well as internal agency projects to achieve successful creation of campaigns and design assets.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create and design visual solutions across both client and agency projects.
• Adhere to existing brand guidelines as well as creating new guidelines for projects according to deadline.
• Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media.
• Support the Creative Director and Design Director with delivering exceptional design and content work.
• Create final presentation, while collaborating with the team in Keynote.
• Support Creatives by sourcing photos, videos and any content needed to aid in successful outcomes.
• Assist, create and edit assets across digital and social media.
• Actively stay ahead of trends and adapt to new and changing social platforms and products.
• Attend and contribute to brainstorming / ideation sessions..
• Graphic Design major preferred.
• Knowledge design fundamentals.
• Compelling portfolio of graphic design work.
• Receptive to feedback from Creative Director and Design Director, and make necessary changes.
• Excellent MAC knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud apps as well as Keynote.
• Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
• Organized, dependable and detail oriented.
• Team Player.
• Quick learner and efficient.
• High sense of urgency.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Strong creative and analytical skills.
• Video editing and animation capabilities.
• Digital Design: desktop and mobile.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
• Work on a wide range of graphic design projects across a variety of clients.
• Receive guidance and feedback from successful and experienced agency professionals.
• Attend weekly meetings and participate in networking events.
• Flexible schedule, with minimum of 10/week.
• Compensation available.
• Strong communication skills.
• Collaborative and team-focused.
• Comfortable presenting to a group.
• Enjoys fast-paced, think on your feet challenges in an environment of constantly shifting priorities.
• Positive attitude is a must; a good sense of humor even better.
• Exhibit enthusiasm, creativity, innovation, and the passion to learn.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, under tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills.
Please send portfolio and email of interest to Michael Frediani: firstname.lastname@example.org