OMSI’s Exhibit Design division is seeking interns for fall/winter 2017. Potential candidates will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to design environmental, interpretive, and digital graphics for permanent and traveling exhibitions. They must possess creative problem-solving skills, strong aesthetic sensibilities and the ability to communicate information and ideas through 2D/3D design. Personal initiative and enthusiasm are crucial, as the intern will often be asked to produce exploratory work without rigidly defined parameters or instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Provide design expertise for graphics packages for permanent and traveling exhibits.
– Research science and design topics to contribute to projects
– Perform materials research.
– Manage communication/planning/scheduling with partners.
– Work with Exhibit Design team to make sure design standards are met
– Potentially aid in the creation and updating of exhibit department websites/blogs.
– Assist with file management.
– High level proficiency in knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
– Strong color, typographic, layout skills.
– Advanced knowledge of two-dimensional design.
– Techniques to include sketching, illustration, and photo manipulation.
– Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
– Maintain quality of product per institutional standards.
– Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
– Experience with Sketchup is a plus
– Familiarity with digital interactive technologies a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
– 2D and/or 3D Design.
– Digital interactive and UX experience a plus.
– Fabrication experience a plus.
– 6-16 hours per week for 3-6 months. Extension of internship negotiable.
Please email portfolio as a pdf or web link with application and to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, and to apply visit our website http://www.omsi.edu/internships