Turner Construction, a leading contractor in Portland, is looking for a graphic designer/proposal assistant intern to start this summer. Do you have a keen eye for design and an awesome attention to detail? Do you thrive in a highly collaborative environment with a never-ending to-do list? Do you think of ideas and have the creativity, organization and drive to execute them? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Graphic Designer/Proposal Assistant Intern will report to the Marketing Manager and will be responsible for creating a variety of marketing materials with high visual impact. You will work on a variety of products including proposals, signage, advertisements, marketing collateral and other special projects. You will work as a part of the marketing team collaborating with project engineers, project managers and superintendents.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER/PROPOSAL ASSISTANT INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinate different marketing projects from collaborating with team members for ideas through to design, print and production including:
• Develop graphics and layouts for proposals, marketing collateral, advertisements and other marketing projects
• Collaborate with various team members to establish a vision for various projects while suggesting ideas and providing input
• Employ color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques when designing projects while also adhering to some primary branding guidelines
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
• Pursuing degree in Graphic Design or Architecture preferred.
• Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.)
• Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
• Ability to develop a plan in an often ambiguous and fast-paced environment
• Photography skills a plus
• Available to work during normal business hours during the summer; then approximately 20 hours per week during the school year with flexible scheduling
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*May perform other duties as necessary or required.
Turner Construction has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon for seven years and as a Top Workplace by The Oregonian for the past two years.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer — minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please create a resume profile and apply online at: