Advising & Career Services (ACS), provides career development services for all PSU students & alumni and academic advising for students who are exploring or changing majors. ACS also takes a leadership role in regard to academic advising and career development across the University.
This position is responsible for marketing and outreach activities for Advising & Career Services. The position would update and maintain the ACS, careers and advising websites, produce print promotional materials (i.e. fliers, posters), and manage marketing campaigns for the unit.
● Organize, design, and deliver ACS digital and printed creative projects to ACS brand design standards including but not limited to: branded collateral, event materials, promotional items, signage, logos, eNewsletters, etc.
● Develop creative concepts and innovative print and digital design solutions that communicate ACS’ positioning at every touch point.
● Prepare print files for vendors and approve proofs. Strong working knowledge of print production and buying process is preferred.
● Create and execute compelling visuals/assets for digital communications and social media platforms.
● Update and maintain ACS, careers and advising websites.
● Create and execute an annual marketing/outreach plan and implement promotional activities for all marketing campaigns sponsored by ACS
● Promote ACS activities using social media
● Prepare promotional materials for events (i.e. resource fairs, tabling at other events)
● Enrolled in and completing at least 6 credits for undergraduate student or 5 credits for graduate student for three out of four terms in the year
● Intermediate‐level skills in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
● Experience with and knowledge of content
management systems, HTML, and CSS
● Familiarity with various forms of social media(i.e. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter)
● Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Publisher
● Ability to maintain PSU Web Standards and best practices of usability, accessibility, and user experience
● Ability to write (and proofread) clearly and concisely with accurate spelling and punctuation
● Ability to be self‐directed, prioritize and manage multiple projects while working under tight deadlines
● Experience with Drupal and PSU website architecture
● Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
● Ability to work as part of large, diverse team
● Familiarity with social media scheduling platforms (TweetDeck, Hootsuite, and similar)
Please submit resume, letter of interest, and three design samples to Brandy Bell. firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day on April 17, 2016.