Interested in marketing or have experience and want to help a growing nonprofit? This is a great opportunity to work with a local nonprofit working at the intersection of art and social justice!
Know Your City seeks a volunteer Marketing Coordinator to assist with its marketing and promotions efforts, in advance of the start of our spring tours and re-opening of our downtown kiosk, located between Voodoo Doughnuts and Saturday Market.
Volunteership involves mentorship with organization staff, as well as self-directed work and the freedom and flexibility to incorporate your creative marketing ideas.
Requires approximately 2-8 hours/ week. Work is based at our downtown office in historic Union Station, and some work can be done remotely.
– Manage marketing efforts, including large-scale promotional events
– Work with local designer and artists to produce promotional videos and marketing materials
– Write press releases and marketing materials
– Connect with press and media reporters
– Connect with partnering organizations
– Help manage organizational communications through website, social media etc.
– Help with other duties as assigned
– Ability to think outside the box with creative ideas
– Graphic design background a plus
– Background in marketing a plus
– Interpersonal communication skills
– Strong interest in mission of the organization
– Excellent experience at growing nonprofit
– Free membership to the organization
– Letters of recommendation provided upon successful completion of internship
– College credit, if appropriate
Time commitment is a 3 month minimum. To apply e-mail note of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for someone to start immediately, or by February 1, 2015.