My name is Erin and I’ve been the Marketing and Communications Manager for the College of Urban and Public Affairs (CUPA) for about a year now. My student worker just got a job at an agency, so I need to find another fun, upbeat, creative individual who can handle the ongoing weekly tasks that I have a hard time keeping up with! The person in this position will share CUPA news and event information with our internal and external audiences using the following methods:
1. CUPA monitors: The Urban Center has two monitors that display announcements and upcoming events. We use digital signage software that also allows us to display social media feeds, weather, etc.
2. ”This Week at CUPA” e-newsletter: This is a weekly email created in Emma and sent to all CUPA faculty and staff on Monday mornings.
3. Portland State website: We post all public events and news items to the Portland State website using the Drupal content management system.
4. Flyers: Most departments at CUPA generate their own event flyers, but our office is called upon occasionally to provide this kind of support.
5. Social media: Our Facebook and Twitter accounts are really gaining traction, and it’s time to introduce some new outlets. This student will help CUPA launch its Instagram (and possibly Snapchat) accounts.
I work M-F from 8am – 5pm, so it would be great to have a student who can work consistently within those hours. ”This Week at CUPA” is sent every Monday morning, so the ideal candidate will be available for at least a couple hours on either Friday or Monday morning. CUPA will provide a Mac, along with a Adobe Creative Suite subscription.
I work in a light-filled office on the 7th floor of the Urban Center. The student in this position will share my office, keep my air plants alive, and indulge my ”eclectic” music taste. We will have a lot of fun and I will reward their hard work with good coffee, constant praise, and motivational stickers.
– advanced skills in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
– strong design and print production skills
– familiarity with various social media outlets
– extensive experience posting and editing content in various content management systems
– familiarity with e-newsletter software like Constant Contact, MailChimp and/or Emma
– strong writing and proofreading skills
– upbeat attitude, good sense of humor, adaptable
– an interest in marketing, design, and social media trends
– strong organizational skills
– severe allergy to both Comic Sans and Papyrus fonts
Email me and tell me a little about yourself and why you’re interested in this position. Please include your résumé and a few writing and design samples.