MARKETING ASSISTANT- Fun job, lots of variety (Portland)
© craigslist – Map data © OpenStreetMap
compensation: $15-$17 PER HOUR to start- negotiable depending on experience
employment type: full-time
Scan One is looking for just the right person to assist and support our marketing department. We are located in downtown Portland– easy to get to and a fun location. We are the industry leader in our field, with over 25 years of serving some of the largest and most recognized companies in the world.
The Marketing Assistant will assist with tradeshow preparation, coordinate tradeshow travel and logistics, prepare and update marketing materials, prepare website update content, provide assistance in market research, schedule webinars and assist with other scheduling needs, and anything else that is needed to keep our sales and marketing team moving forward and producing results. You may even assist in updating our sales data base and help with RFPs.
We think the right person probably has a broad range of skills and experiences. Certainly extraordinary organizational and computer skills and the ability to see that something needs doing— and then just do it!
This is a great entry level position, but we are looking for someone who plans to stay with us. So if that is you then apply today. We are going to hire as soon as we meet the right person.
* Strong research, messaging, editorial, proofreading and conceptual skills
* Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
* Design experience with Adobe Illustrator or InDesign- this is required
* Superb communication, writing, organizational and time management skills and ability to self-direct/self-start
* Must be creative and proactive yet disciplined and able to streamline work volume in the midst of multitasking and daily prioritizing, while working as part of a cohesive, results oriented team
* Reliability is a big deal to us. We need you to show up on time and be dependable.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds and handle heavy tradeshow equipment in preparation for shipping
SHIFT: Generally Monday-Friday, 8-5
Please follow these directions carefully. To Apply We Will Need:
* A short cover letter which states the position for which you are applying and explains why you are a match for this job/position. CURRENT TYPING SPEED AND SOFTWARE PROFICIENCIES MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE COVER LETTER’. We cannot consider you if this information is not included. There are tests available over the internet. If you don’t know your keyboarding speeds, please take the tests before applying.
* Your current resume’ which includes months and years of employment. (ex: Jan 2011-May 2012)
* Names, addresses, phone numbers of at least 3 work related references. We will check references and conduct a background check.
VERY IMPORTANT: We are recruiting for several jobs so please include YOUR NAME and the JOB TITLE in the subject box of your email. Example: ”YOUR NAME- MARKETING ASSISTANT” This step is very important in processing your application.
If you are interested, please apply today because we are hiring now. We look forward to seeing your resume’.
Send resume, references and cover letter to: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF YOU CALL
see above post