Junior Graphic Designer
COAST Products is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to focus on in-house production design work, including but not limited to, product packaging, digital and physical mock-ups, flyers, promotional materials, and other digital content. The ideal candidate will be flexible, motivated and creative, and will be able to look at the big picture while detailed oriented enough to manage complex projects. This is a full-time hourly position with lots of room for professional and personal growth.
Coast is a 97 year old, family owned company that specializes in high-performance LED flashlights and headlamps, as well as multi-tools and knives for the DIY, Industrial, Automotive, Law Enforcement, and Outdoor markets. As part of this team, your work will be on display in some of the largest retailers in the world. To find out more about Coast, please visit www.coastportland.com
• Take and follow direction from Art Director as well as Director of Marketing.
• Focus on real-world production work. That means getting files and mock-ups out the door.
• Work within the brand identity guidelines including things like graphics/color/typography usage.
• Handle significant daily & weekly levels of production artwork.
• Possess enough hand-skills (or the desire to learn) to create packaging mock-ups (2D & 3D).
• Create graphics for tradeshows and other sales & marketing events.
• Be able to quickly pivot between requests from various departments and groups.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, fine arts, or related field.
• Proficient in Mac OSX (10.11).
• Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign—emphasis on Illustrator).
• Microsoft Office 2016 (focus on Powerpoint at a basic level)
• Photography experience would be preferred.
• Hand-skills (precision cutting, adhesives, assembly, etc.) would be preferred as well.
• Ability to self-organize and prioritize above and beyond of direction given.
• Ability to put your head down and crank when the time comes.
• Can handle highly detail-oriented work.
• Willingness to contribute to the discussion of new ideas and fresh designs.
• Desire to get better at what you do, including taking direction/critiques on work positively.
• Be light-hearted and tolerate a close-knit environment.
Apply via Craigslist post. http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/med/5512697583.html