We are looking for a Graphic designer to produce designs that get their clients’ messages across with high visual impact. They work on a huge variety of products, including websites, packaging, books and magazines, corporate identity (to give organizations a visual ’brand’), advertising, exhibitions and displays, and company collateral materials.
A graphic designer’s work is computer-based and incorporates specialized industry-standard graphics and multimedia software packages, and you must possess a wide range of knowledge in most. The graphic designer has to work closely with other colleagues involved in projects, such as copywriters, photographers, project managers, and sales staff. They may also work directly with clients.
This position will require a minimum of 15 hours a week, Monday to Friday. Extra hours are common, especially to meet critical project deadlines. We would like the designer to be in office for a minimum of 3 hrs per day. However, we are flexible with the days/time. The work is usually done in an open-plan design studio. It involves sitting and working at a computer for long periods.
The graphic designer must have:
• creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
• strong computer skills
• confidence, to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues
• an interest in graphics, photography, layout, animation design and typography
Graphic Designer Job Duties:
• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials based on the needs of client.
• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates/designs concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
• Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; purchasing from vendors.
• Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment.
• Completes projects by coordinating with project manager, art services, printers, etc.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional networks.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Other tasks are likely to include:
• finding out about the project requirements (taking a ’brief’)
supporting account team in estimating the time the project will require to develop out scope of work requirements/cost
• coming up with design concepts that fit the client’s needs
• presenting options for design treatments
• creating final designs, working to a deadline and budget
• amending designs according to the clients’ final comments
• proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print.
Skills/Qualifications: Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Desktop Publishing Tools, Creation of Print-Ready files,
Master of: Photoshop, AI, In-Design & creative suite, exceptional at creating logos and brand guidelines.
If interested, please include the following in your response email: your name, position for which you are applying, city of residence, educational background, experience, and several examples of your creative work using the above-mentioned platforms. We look forward to hearing from you!