CRU is a hardware technology company located in Vancouver, WA, right across the Columbia River from Portland. Our products are used to efficiently transport data for data backup and for digital investigation (yes, you’ve seen our products on CSI). Our customers include a who’s who in government agencies around the world as well as the Global 2000.
As a small company, our employees enjoy wearing many hats. We believe personal interaction is often the best way to get a job done. While you won’t find a pool table in our office, you will find Friday donuts and that we walk the talk when we say we support a healthy life-work balance in our collegial environment.
We are seeking an entry-level Graphic/Communications Designer to join our marketing team. The ideal candidate will have the right mix of creativity and insight that will help develop the role as time goes on.
• Design and produce a range of print and web-based projects including infographics, advertisements, product line brochures, data sheets, white papers, website landing pages, product packaging, email blasts, illustrations, and other web graphics.
• Help to evolve CRU brand and design language; ensure successful representation of the CRU brand across communications media and our products.
• Create product artwork (legends and labels, for example) and help define the look and feel of our hardware devices.
• Follow creative work through from concept to implementation and production.
• Provide insight for marketing campaigns and sales tools.
• Interact with internal clients; work closely with marketing, sales, and engineering departments to develop and implement design solutions.
• Manage own project workflow while coordinating with project teams and management on schedules, requirements, goals and assignments as needed.
• Support the implementation and maintenance of image/file cataloging, archiving and backup program.
• Juggle various projects and handle ad hoc requests.
• Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. as needed.
• Responsible for accurate proofing of all materials produced; ensure that all projects follow the required traffic and copy/proofing workflow
• Bachelor’s degree in design or related field with 1-2 years related experience, including internships.
• Exceptional portfolio that showcases creativity when promoting ideas and brand while operating in bounds of brand/design language.
• Proficiency in Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and MS Office (PowerPoint in particular).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong concept development and problem-solving skills.
• Detail-oriented, resourceful and excellent follow-through.
• Highly organized and dependable; able to multitask, work quickly and meet multiple deadlines
• HTML and WordPress experience/skills are a plus.
• Photography skills are a plus.
• Illustrating skills are a plus.
• Pre-press/production experience.
• Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with seasoned creative and marketing teams.
• Stay current with design trends through professional organizations, workshops, etc.
• Professional work ethic .
Please send your resume and cover letter to: HR@cru-inc.com