The Graphic Designer and Creative Coordinator for Auxiliary Marketing will set the design tone for Auxiliary Enterprises and partner university units. Under the supervision of the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager for Auxiliary Enterprises, the Graphic Designer and Creative Coordinator will design cohesive campaigns and marketing collateral for the Auxiliary Enterprises units and partner departments, and will work closely with the team to develop cohesive designs and campaigns for each unit. This position will also supervise the student design and marketing team and collaborate with students while creating a supportive and educational learning environment. The student team is composed of one social media coordinator, student graphic designers, and marketing interns, and will come to include a videographer/photographer. The Graphic Designer and Creative Coordinator will serve as mentor for the student employees and interns, and will coordinate marketing efforts for Auxiliary Enterprises and partner units.
– Serves as the creative/design voice for Auxiliary Enterprises and partner units.
– Designs and coordinates production of a wide variety of materials, including digital/web, printed collateral, and social media content. Includes signage, logo design, concept branding, and event collateral, among other material.
– Assists in coordinating marketing efforts for remodels and rebranding, including working with outside companies to integrate CWU design and company design and branding.
– Communicates clearly and effectively with Auxiliary Enterprises partners and external university partners to understand marketing and design needs and coordinate production of high-quality, professionally designed materials.
– Follows CWU brand standards and assists in developing a cohesive design voice for Auxiliary Enterprises within the brand standards.
Marketing and Creative Coordination:
– Mentors design and other student employees and interns to foster a productive and inclusive learning environment.
– Collaborates with student marketing and design team to develop and produce materials to support marketing campaigns and plans.
– Delegates design and marketing projects appropriately, taking student proficiency and experience into consideration.
– Leads student team in producing materials and campaigns that can become award-winning and nationally recognized.
– Coordinates social media posts and content, and supervises and delegates to student social media coordinator for regular posts.
– Communicates with university departments and external partners to understand their marketing needs, and works with the Senior Marketing Manager to coordinate projects as appropriate.
– Works with marketing students and interns to support marketing effort of all Auxiliary Enterprises units, including assigning research and marketing projects to interns.
– Coordinates on-the-ground marketing efforts (photoshoots, video production, printing, assigning tasks and projects, etc.).
– Assists Senior Marketing and Communications Manager in coordinating marketing and design efforts with CWU Public Affairs and CWU Publicity Center.
– Assists Senior Marketing and Communications Manager in posting to website using Drupal content management system, and coordinates Central Today posts for campus announcements.
– Coordinates event planning for Auxiliary Enterprises and its units.
– Supervises 6 – 8 student employees.
– Actively engages in recruitment and hiring new employees.
– Clearly defines performance expectations, ensures accountability, and provides ongoing informal feedback, coaching, and mentoring. Conducts formal performance evaluations.
– Ensures employees have necessary resources.
– Oversees and directs the work of staff; serves as mentor, coach and leader, and resolves complaints or issues.
– Promotes professional development opportunities.
– Develops and fosters supportive working relationships, motivation and engagement.
– Communicates information to staff on an ongoing basis to influence staff engagement and to be a part of a larger community.
– Takes corrective action in a timely manner.
– Recognizes and rewards employees for good performance.
– Schedules employee work hours/shifts; monitor hours worked; approve payable time and absence requests.
– Adjusts leadership style as needed to achieve results.
– Recognizes value of and promotes diverse workforce. Values and encourages diverse perspectives, creativity and teamwork.
– Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field, OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
Excellent understanding of design principles
Excellent communication skills and attentiveness to details (proofreading, editing)
One to two years’ experience relevant to the duties described in the job description
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Experience working in higher education
Commitment to fostering a diverse, creative, and supportive learning environment
Experience supervising a creative team
Experience working closely with a marketing team
Experience with project management software
Experience with video editing and photography a plus
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $3,575/month with periodic increases up to $4,688/month
Schedule/Appointment: Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
An employee of CWU may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program if the employee has student loans. To learn more, visit: https://ofm.wa.gov/state-human-resources/public-service-loan-forgiveness-program.
Visit careers.cwu.edu and search for code ”3048” (https://careers.cwu.edu/psc/careers/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant&&siteid=1)
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
– A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting; and
– Resume including work history, education, training, and link to your portfolio; and
– Contact information for three professional references; and
– PDF of your portfolio, if link not provided in resume.