About Services for Students with Children at Portland State University
SSWC envisions a future in which students with children receive all the support and services they need to complete their academic goals and provide a brighter future for themselves and their children. Find out more information at https://www.pdx.edu/students-with-children/
About this Job
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Graphic Designer’s responsibilities include:
• Designing all marketing materials, including posters, advertisements, digital documents and email blasts, websites, Facebook/Instagram, e-newsletters for the Resource Center for Students with Children, Jim Sells Childcare Subsidy, and Little and Baby Viking Childcare Centers.
• Designing and updating bulletin board and display case layouts
• Distributing marketing materials to bulletin boards and information tables, campus publications and the online PSU announcement board and event calendar, as well as to departments for inclusion in newsletters and list-serve dissemination
• Assisting with event planning and preparation for in-house social and support events, as well as tabling at external events
• In good academic standing and will complete at least 6 PSU credit hours per term during the current term
• Sophomore class standing or above
• Strong background in illustration
• Fluent in use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
• Enjoy working in a busy office environment where children are often present, though a possible opportunity for some remote employment.
• Strong customer service skills, comfortable working with clients and professional staff
• Ability to represent the SSWC in a professional manner.
• Ability to work independently and juggle several tasks at once from a variety of stakeholders.
• Fluent in social media and website development
• Graduate Student or undergraduate with significant related work experience
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Excel; and Google products
• Flexible Schedule
• Great Resume Builder
• Supportive, fun work environment
• Work Remotely
Refer to Job #6490586 In Handshake. Pay is $14.75/hr. Please send a cover letter, digital portfolio of work, and resume to Pamela Bock, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is June 25, 2022.
Please send a cover letter, digital portfolio of work, and resume to Pamela Bock, email@example.com