Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Graphic Designer’s responsibilities include:
· Designing all marketing materials, including event posters, advertisements, digital documents and email blasts, websites, facebook, e-newsletters for the Resource Center for Students with Children, Jim Sells Subsidy and Little Viking Childcare
· Designing and updating bulletin board and display case layouts
· Distributing marketing materials to bulletin boards and information tables, campus publications and the online PSU announcement board and event calendar, as well as to departments for inclusion in newsletters and list-serve dissemination;
· Assisting with event planning and preparation for in-house social and support events, as well as tabling at external events
Other possible duties: assist in the upkeep of the Family Resource Room, answer phone, update student tracking spreadsheets and greet guests in a friendly manner, assist with events, and providing brief orientations to RCSC programs, services and staff.
· In good academic standing and will complete at least 6 PSU credit hours per term during the current term
· 2.75 or higher cumulative GPA
· Sophomore class standing or above
· Strong background in graphic design
· Fluent in use of Adobe Creative Suite 5 (CS5); Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Excel; and Google mail
· Enjoy working in a busy office environment where children are often present
· Strong customer service skills, comfortable working with clients and professional staff
· Ability to represent the RCSC in a professional manner
· Fluent in social media and website development
· Graduate Student or undergraduate with significant related work experience
· Flexible Schedule
· Great Resume Builder
· Supportive, fun work environment
Pay is $12. 75/hr. Please send cover letter, digital portfolio of work and resume to Pamela Bock, email@example.com. Deadline for application is October 30, 2019
About Services for Students with Children at Portland State University
Envision a future for students parents receive all the support and services they need to complete their academic goals and provide a brighter future for themselves and their children.
Through campus projects, community involvement and advocacy we strive to increase available resources and opportunities which improve the quality of life for the students with children.
Apply On Handshake or email resume cover letter and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org