We are looking for a Graphic Designer who is interested in joining a diverse team, working on great projects and growing our brand! Is that you?
Our work is multi-faceted. On any given day you may be required to tackle brand strategy, ad campaigns, email marketing, digital and social media, video, print and more! You should understand these mediums and how they interact. You must thrive on the energy and flow of a fast-forward work environment.
Reporting to the Communications Coordinator, you are responsible for translation of the brief into understandable, desirable and innovative communications. You will need a strong design background and a rich understanding of photography, typography, color and brand positioning—as well as current industry, technology and cultural trends.
You would get the unique opportunity to work on large campaigns that have real impacts on PSU’s enrollment, external brand and long term marketing strategy. This is the right position for you if you are excited about innovating, work quickly, sometimes independently and can find a way to make mundane information appear extraordinary. This position would work with an experienced communications team and have the opportunity to be mentored by the Undergraduate Admissions Communications Team.
Portland State University leads the way to an equitable and sustainable future through academic excellence, urban engagement, and expanding opportunity for all.
● Generate innovative concepts that translate to multiple mediums including brand campaigns, photography, video, display, graphics, advertising, events, digital and social media.
● Majoring in Art, Marketing, Graphic Design, Multimedia or equivalent on-the-job experience
● Use a collaborative skill set to work within our team.
● Have a strong understanding of print material and print specifications.
● Show exceptional listening and communicating skills, and attention to detail.
● Be flexible and responsive to feedback, and approach changes with a positive attitude that feedback can make a concept/design better.
● Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and make quick turn-arounds.
● Bring your passion for life (e.g., art, travel, music, nature, etc.) to your creative thinking and solutions.
Specific Skills and Experience Desired:
● A portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects and a clear personal aesthetic.
● Experience working with creative teams a plus!
● Practical knowledge of production processes, technologies, design and art theory.
● Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software.
● Prefer a student graduating in 2021, but open to others.
● Proud to represent Portland State University through your work to the community.
● Must be a student at Portland State University.
What We Offer:
● High-profile, creative projects
● Team of incredible people in the admissions office in the ASRC
● Mentorship with Undergraduate Admissions Communications Team
● Work on projects that you are interested in to hone your skills
● Ability to use completed projects in a professional portfolio that focuses on marketing
● Opportunity to grow and be inspired
● Flexible work schedule
Apply on Handshake at https://portlandstate.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2789360