PSU’s Homelessness Research & Action Collaborative is currently seeking a graphic designer to assist with visual and written communications including graphic design, document layout and creation of document templates as well as updating web content and other communications. This position works with Homelessness Research & Action Collaborative’s co-founders, and reports to the office Communications Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Graphic and document design – Work with Communications Manager to create graphic elements for office communications projects and design digital and print brochures, flyers, posters, and other marketing collateral.
● Help design templates for newsletters, research reports, posters, the website and possibly unique logo treatments.
● Update content on RGS website and affiliated website pages as needed – Assist with updating content on HRAC website as requested by Communications Manager and department administrators.
● Add syndicated content to PSU Enterprise Drupal Content Management System (CMS) – Upload and format content created by Communications Manager to PSU’s Enterprise CMS.
● Maintain HRAC social media feeds – Regularly add content to HRAC’s @HomelessnessPDX Twitter account.
● Maintain confidentiality – Work with professional discretion, protecting the confidentiality of any and all office documents, as well as any confidential information divulged in conversations.
● Other duties as assigned – Assist with requests as needed.
● Coordinates with the Communications Manager to complete assignments that require work over multiple shifts, asking questions when clarification is needed and volunteering updates.
● Ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
● Collaborative nature and a drive to perform.
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Capability to handle confidential information with care and sensitivity.
● Knowledge working with databases and shared files.
● Ability to adhere to all departmental policies and stay current on procedural changes.
● Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
● Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
● Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
● Adheres to all PSU policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment, Professional Standards of Conduct, and Mandatory Child Abuse Reporting.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Apps, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
● Meets all requirements for student employment listed in the HR Student Handbook.
● Ability and willingness to deliver items across campus.
● Experience with the following platforms and tools: Drupal, HTML, Emma, and Google Analytics.
● 1+ year(s) graphic and document design experience.
● 1+ year(s) experience with digital photography.
● Experience working with Drupal or other CMS.
● Knowledge of appropriate writing styles for social media.
● Knowledge of SEO and SEM best practices.
TYPICAL WORKING HOURS
● Ability to work 10-15 hours per week, M-F 7am-4pm; subject to flexibility.
● Funding available for summer term.
● Ability to sit in front of a computer for long periods of time.
● Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
● Quiet, professional office environment, with an individual workspace.
Please send your resume and design samples as soon as possible to Stefanie Knowlton at firstname.lastname@example.org