Position Details: 20 hours/week; $10.25/hour
This position will start in Fall term, there could be the opportunity for work over the summer.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer who is interested in joining a diverse team, working on great projects and growing our brand! Is that you?
Our work is multi-faceted. On any given day you may be required to tackle brand strategy, ad campaigns, email marketing, digital and social media, video, and more! You should understand these mediums and how they interact. You must thrive on the energy and flow of a fast-forward work environment.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications, you are responsible for translation of the brief into understandable, desirable and innovative communications. You will need a strong design background and a rich understanding of photography, typography, color and brand positioning—as well as current industry, technology and cultural trends.
You would get the unique opportunity to work on large campaigns that have real impacts on PSU’s enrollment, external brand and long term marketing strategy. This is the right position for you if you are excited about innovating, work quickly and can find a way to make mundane information appear extraordinary. This position would work with an experienced communications team and have the opportunity be mentored by the University Communications Creative Team.
Portland State University leads the way to an equitable and sustainable future through academic excellence, urban engagement, and expanding opportunity for all.
● Generate innovative concepts that translate to multiple mediums including brand campaigns, photography, video, display, graphics, advertising, events, and digital and social media.
● Majoring in Art, Marketing, Graphic Design, Multimedia or equivalent on-the-job experience
● Use a collaborative skill set to work within our team.
● Have a strong understanding of print material and print specifications.
● Show exceptional listening and communicating skills, and attention to detail.
● Be flexible and responsive to feedback, and approach changes with a positive attitude that feedback can make a concept/design better.
● Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and quick turn-arounds.
● Bring your passion for life (e.g., art, travel, music, nature, etc.) to your creative thinking and solutions.
Specific Skills and Experience Desired
● A portfolio that represents a range of design styles, diversity of projects and a clear personal aesthetic.
● Experience working with creative teams a plus!
● Practical knowledge of production processes, technologies, design and art theory.
● Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software.
● Must be a student at Portland State University.
● High-profile, creative projects
● Team of incredible people (smart + fun)
● Mentorship with University Communications Creative Team
● Opportunity to grow and be inspired
● Flexible work schedule
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and examples of your work to Emily Doerr Offerdahl, email@example.com, with the subject “Graphic Design Position – Admissions”.