Under the direction of the Resource Center for Students with Children’s (RCSC) Marketing and Event Coordinator, the Graphic Designer’s responsibilities include:
• Developing art/graphics and text for and/or layout of marketing materials: hard-copy flyers, invitations, announcements and ads, digital documents and email blasts, websites, Facebook, e-newsletters.
• Designing and updating bulletin board and display case layouts
• Ordering marketing materials and proofing copy
• Distributing marketing materials to bulletin boards and information tables, campus publications and the online PSU announcement board and event calendar, as well as to departments for inclusion in newsletters and list-serve dissemination;
• Assisting with event planning and preparation for in-house social and support events, as well as tabling at external events
Other possible duties: assist in the upkeep of the Family Resource Room, answer phone, update student tracking spreadsheets and greet guests in a friendly manner, assist with events, and providing brief orientations to RCSC programs, services and staff.
• In good academic standing and will complete at least 6 PSU credit hours per term during the current term
• 2.75 or higher cumulative GPA
• Sophomore class standing or above
• Strong background in graphic design
• Fluent in use of Adobe Creative Suite 5 (CS5); Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Excel; and Google mail
• Enjoy working as a team member, be reliable, self-motivated and an independent worker
• Enjoy working in a busy office environment where children are often present
• Strong customer service skills, comfortable working with clients and professional staff
• Ability to represent the RCSC in a professional manner
• Fluent in social media and website development
• Graduate Student or undergraduate with significant related work experience
• Flexible Schedule
• Great Resume Builder
• Supportive, fun work environment
Pay is $10.50/hr. 10-20 hrs per week. Please send cover letter, digital portfolio of work and resume to Pamela Bock, email@example.com. Deadline for application is May 25, 2016.
Please send cover letter, digital portfolio of work and resume to Pamela Bock, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is May 25, 2016.