ENG SIGN IN
Go To Job Search
Employment Type :Hourly PT
Job Class :Clerical
Position: Graphic Designer
Closing date: 06/21/2015
The Graphic Designer is a member of the Development Team. This key staff person is responsible for designing and producing printed materials and managing web content for Family Building Blocks.
• Publications – production (design and coordinate content) of two printed newsletters, an annual report and
e-newsletters as directed.
• Coordinate all printing and mailing with print vendor.
• Update and print agency materials such as brochures, stationary, business cards, and thank you cards.
• Order recognition plaques & awards, and maintain donor recognition boards at all locations.
• Write and send all press releases to local media and coordinate photo opportunities.
• Solicit content from staff (agency news, family stories) for use in publications and on the website.
• Serve as staff photographer and keep archive of printed materials and photos.
• Support development efforts by designing and coordinating printing of event invitations and collateral materials as requested.
• Produce all marketing materials related to annual Uncorked Wine Auction including invitations, auction catalog and event signage.
• Facilitate redesign of Family Building Blocks website. Manage FBB and Uncorked website. Ensure that content is relevant, interesting and current.
• Update and maintain all social media content for Family Building Blocks.
• Promote FBB events on online calendars.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Organized and great time manager
• Prior marketing and graphic design experience required
• Proficiency with design software, such as In-Design and Photoshop
• Working knowledge of HTML and web platforms, preferably Word Press
• Comfortable working in a team environment, ability to receive feedback from team members and incorporate into big picture planning
• Ability to accept direction and comfortable providing direction
• Experience with children’s programs, non-profit organizations and/or volunteering helpful
Family Building Blocks is an affirmative action/EEO employer. Believing that diversity contributes to program excellence and to mutual respect and understanding, FBB is committed to recruiting and retaining diversity in our Board and staff. We see applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Requisition ID 1017