We are looking for a detail oriented graphic designer with the right skills and availability to take on a large project that will change the skyline of Portland for years to come! Your task will be to very accurately convert two old Florentine patterns from the scale of wrapping paper, to the size of a five story building without losing detail or clarity. Once crisply scaled up, these patterns will be printed on a series of panels ranging from 8’x8’ to 4’x4’ and installed as the siding of the buildings. You will have the skills and detailed design experience to recreate this pattern and assist in the layout on the building façade to create the siding.
– Detailed transformation of two intricate Florentine patterns to a vector format (we are open to other methods, if you see another way please explain in your response)
– Scaling of pattern up to building scale to provide graphics for siding company to print.
– Creation of 1:1 scaled test prints for review
– Quick turn around
– The graphic ability and design competence to change, edit or redesign the pattern if needed.
– Packaging and delivery of digital files
– Availability for meetings
Please respond with a one page maximum letter describing your capabilities to perform these tasks, similar projects you have been a part of or accomplished, and your availability to finish the project. Include two or three samples of projects with a short description demonstrating how these samples relate to this brief.
To Respond please send your information packet to Brandon at Brett Schulz, Architect with the title ”Building Façade!”