ROSE Community Development (http://rosecdc.org/) is a nonprofit based in Portland, Oregon. ROSE connects our community to build good homes, healthy families and neighborhood opportunities in outer southeast Portland. We are focused on the revitalization of outer southeast Portland, through the development of affordable housing, community programs, and local economic development initiatives.
ROSE Community Development is going through a major rebranding effort. The organization needs graphic design help with changes associated with efforts including:
• Assess current ROSE marketing materials and redesign to integrate the new brand as appropriate;
• Develop style guides;
• Create templates for the following:
o Current housing/development portfolio
o Resident programming and materials
o Fundraising events (donor forms, event programs, invitation postcards, sponsorship forms)
o Community Development Programs (Baby Booster, Lents Youth Initiative, and Club RC)
o Annual report
o General Flyers, posters and information
o Strategic Plans
o E-newsletter (Mail chimp)
• Integrate the new design into existing web site graphics;
• Work closely with staff to identify additional areas where graphic design solutions can improve the organization’s image, then create appropriate graphics and templates to achieve desired goals.
• Develop guidelines for both internal and external use of logos and other material templates.
• Candidates must be registered and enrolled at Portland State University in a graduate or undergraduate program.
• Ideal candidates should have excellent graphic design and written communication skills, show creativity in their work, and be comfortable with standard Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs.
• ROSE strives to create internships that provide opportunities for interns to learn about the many aspects of the work we do. Inclusion in meetings and regular contact with staff is encouraged to provide an understanding of the many programs we run and the work that we do in the community
• The intern will be expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and comply with the organization’s policies.
This is an unpaid internship. We are looking for a 12-15 hours per week commitment for 10-12 weeks or until the project is completed and deliverables are created. Looking to fill the position immediately
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and work samples to Lauren Macbeth at ROSE Community Development (email@example.com).