Spoke is currently on the hunt for a creative, thoughtful graphic designer for a paid Design Internship, available immediately (or when academic schedule allows), with the possibility for growth. Our ideal candidate would need to show potential in brand identity design, and knows how to communicate clearly, present ideas well, and weave excellence out of thin air. MUST be self-motivated and have a passionate attention to detail (especially in typography). Needs to possess top-notch professionalism and time management skills, especially amid a fluid ever-changing creative environment. It’s vital to be able to balance the needs and goals of the client with those of Spoke, and to maintain a positive atmosphere throughout it all.
Compensation is $15/hour for the duration of the internship.
Specific Responsibilities include:
* Following creative direction to produce multiple options for compelling results in both print and digital deliverables, on time and within budget
* Collaborating fluidly with creative team on ideation, exploration, concept development, and final execution in both print and digital deliverables
* Maintaining consistent communication with Project Manager to ensure that all milestones and expectations are being met within scope boundaries
* Self-tracking of time per project
* Supporting design team in general, including brand research, strategy assessment, stock photo searches, etc.
Key Requirements and Essential Skills:
* Demonstrated results in both print and digital visual communications (likely must be Junior-level student or higher); brand identity design is preferred, and a high degree of proficiency in typography is essential
* Proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
* Must be local to Portland metro area, able to work at Spoke’s office during the work week
* Scope of work is likely to be between 20 and 40 hours per week. The schedule is flexible, but must be able to work in our office for specific set hours Monday through Friday; ability to also work remotely is a bonus
* Must have strong organizational skills and hold a strong overview of the project and take responsibility for key elements
* Approach work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on best results
* Calmness and coolness in the face of tight situations
* Flexibility to work with ever-changing timelines within strict global deadlines
If you’re interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a URL link or PDF of the best of your best work, a resume, a list of professional and/or academic references, and cover letter explaining how you are good fit for our team. Let us know a little bit about your process and how you like to approach projects of various scale and scope. Tell us what your goals are, both personally and professionally.
This internship will remain open until the position is filled.