Contractor Position – Graphic Design Assistant
At Schoolhouse Electric and Supply Co. (SECO) we’re designers, makers, and creative thinkers, and since 2003 we have handcrafted custom lighting and lifestyle products that transcend time and trend. Just as important as the products we make are the people we work with. They are at the heart of everything we do. We’re always looking for hard working, innovative people to join the Schoolhouse team.
If you are one of those hard working and innovative people, you may be interested in working with us on a contractor basis. Work will be project based, such as developing concepts and designs for print materials (style guides, brochures, booklets, one sheets, invitations, advertisements, flyers and presentations), researching costs for print materials and handling projects as needed by our Graphic Designer and Marketing team.
We are looking for the following skills:
• Bachelor of Arts in graphic design or equivalent related work experience.
• 1-2 years of experience with digital or print design.
• Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Solid understanding of the SECO brand, products, and customers.
• Must be well-organized and a self-starter.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong understanding of print and screen resolutions and color spaces.
• Strong working knowledge of printing process, prepress and preparation.
• Knowledge of FTP protocols.
• Advanced image retouching skills.
• X-acto skills and a steady hand for collateral creation.
• Awareness of web-based communication methods and industry trends
If you are interested in about 20 hours a week of work, please send your information to Careers@schoolhouseelectric.com.