As a Graphic Design intern/student in the Creative Dept., you will be eager and helpful in developing graphic artwork for Smith Optics under the direction of the Creative Director and design team. You will individually create; and as a team, a variety of graphic design and visual communication projects. Project work will be sizing seasonal custom visuals, digital and print advertising, and helping create project briefs.
Essential Job Functions:
• Work within the Creative Group to support graphic design needs for the team.
• Takes a special interest in: online marketing, e-mailers, social, or print layout
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• A very strong understanding and working knowledge of the action sport or related industries, fashion, design, color trending, and graphic development
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
• Must be passionate about design, typography and art.
• Very detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and timelines
• Needs to work well independently and within a group environment
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Interest in winter and summer outdoor sports
• Likes to have fun at work
Education & Experience:
•At least 2 years in Graphic Design or relatable field
• Able to sit at a desk and use computer for extended periods of time.
• Have a positive attitude and bonus points for being funny
Please send an email with your resume’, portfolio link or pdf and cover letter.