Back Fence PDX is a nationally-recognized award-winning storytelling series which has been featuring live, personal theme-based stories for packed audiences on Portland stages since 2008. We sell out our electrifying live shows every year, including our signature show Back Fence PDX: RUSSIAN ROULETTE and other Back Fence PDX produced partnerships with arts and non-profit organizations. Our stories are sometimes bust-a-gut funny, sometimes need-a-tissue sad, sometimes sexy, sometimes challenging, sometimes scary, but always poignant, powerful, and exciting to listen to. We work hard to continue to highlight amazing people and their stories while expanding our ability to share them with new — and returning — audiences.
As Graphic and Web Design Intern, you will get to work with a variety of our production staff and volunteers, while working on real projects that will help us grow. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about graphic deisgn and branding, is driven and self motivated, and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. Someone who knows how to create buzz, contribute to our identity with striking collateral, and, of course, someone who understands and appreciates live performance — and great storytelling!
As Graphic and Web Design Intern, you will get to work with a variety of our staff and volunteers, while becoming knowledgeable in the online elements of a live performance. You will also gain experience working in a professional environment and have lots of opportunities to network with a diverse set of professionals and artists.
What you will gain:
1. Increased knowledge of graphic design and branding
2. Professional working skills and connections
1. Content design and layout for digital collateral for social media, website, email marketing platforms, and more
2. Powerpoint repopulation and design for the slideshows that are shown at our live shows
3. Maintaining accuracy of information
4. Making sure website coding is consistent feedback on how to improve functionality
5. Communication with sponsors, partners, etc. where you will need to be a positive representative of Back Fence PDX to gather information, ads, logos, and any other entity determined by Back Fence PDX Producers
6. Other duties as assigned
What we require:
● Self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration
● Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
● Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Mailchimp, and WordPress
● Experience and skill with Google applications and Microsoft applications
● Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks
● A background in performance arts is strongly preferred
● Available to work remotely ~5-10 hours per week (hours vary, with more during the week or two before a show)
This is a part-time internship with a monthly stipend. We value our interns and will work hard to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. This internship will benefit someone who is interested in performance arts production, arts management, marketing, communications, and/or audience development.
This position begins October 2019 with an option to continue through Spring 2020.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.