OMSI’s Exhibit Design division is seeking interns for summer and/or fall 2016. Potential
candidates will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to design environmental,
interpretive, and digital graphics for permanent and traveling exhibitions. They must
possess creative problem-solving skills, strong aesthetic sensibilities and the ability
to communicate information and ideas through 2D/3D design. Personal initiative and
enthusiasm are crucial, as the intern will often be asked to produce exploratory work
without rigidly defined parameters or instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide design expertise for graphics packages for permanent and traveling exhibits.
• Research science and design topics to contribute to projects
• Perform materials research.
• Manage communication/planning/scheduling with partners.
• Work with Exhibit Design team to make sure design standards are met
• Potentially aid in the creation and updating of exhibit department websites/blogs.
• Assist with file management.
• High level proficiency in knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – specifically InDesign,
Illustrator, and Photoshop.
• Strong color, typographic, layout skills.
• Advanced knowledge of two-dimensional design.
• Techniques to include sketching, illustration, and photo manipulation.
• Excellent attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
• Maintain quality of product per institutional standards.
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams.
• Experience with Sketchup is a plus
• Familiarity with digital interactive technologies a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
• 2D and/or 3D Design.
• Digital interactive and UX experience a plus.
• Fabrication experience a plus.
• 4-12 hours per week for 3-6 months.
If interested, please submit cover letter, resume, and portfolio to
Kirby Jones at email@example.com