GOOD MAPS is an experiment – a zine + adventure guide + map series for kids. Tagline – Explore your city with people making it a really good place.
Each issue will highlight Portland’s take on a variety of urban sustainability topics. Each issue will feature artwork from a different young Portland illustrator. Issues 1 & 2 will be released at the end of June.
I have 3 specific jobs:
1) Graphic designer for wordmark, layout design & design guidelines, in order to create consistent brand look & feel amongst issues. Size – 1 tabloid sheet, front & back. To be completed by June 1.
2) Illustrator for approx. 12”x16” map + handful of small illustrations for issue 1 (about sustainable transportation). To be completed by mid-June.
2) Illustrator for approx. 12”x16” map + handful of small illustrations for issue 2 (about bees & pollinator habitat restoration). To be completed by mid-June.
-$250 flat rate for each job.
-There could be potential for continued layout/collaboration for future issues.
There is no website yet. I have started this experiment out of a love maps, sustainability and urban geography, and going on city adventures with my four year old son. My hope is that this project be an opening for kids & parents to be in wonder around creative possibilities for the future of our city, community relationships, and relationship with nature.
Only those willing to engage in place exploration, curiosity, creative possibility, and humor need apply.
Please send a BRIEF email with
– a few sentences about why this resonates with you
– a link to portfolio materials