ABOUT SMITH & CONNORS:
We are a boutique agency (read: small and passionate) doing branding and web design & development. You can learn more about us and our work at www.smithandconnors.com.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Are you passionate about design? Do you love doing lots of things in the design world? Are you great at graphic design, coming up with beautiful patterns and layouts? Do you also have a deep belief in user experience and want to make life easier and more pleasurable for people online through design?
We are looking for a designer who brings multiple disciplines — graphic design, user experience, interaction design — to bear on quality work. This is a great opportunity for a designer to be part of forming a project team and to help us shape the future of our business.
– Contribute to the conceptual development of projects, working directly with us, the partners
– Create materials for proposals and new business responses
– Design and build creative work for brand design and interactive design projects
– Work with our lead developers to help realize our design vision
– Perform production design tasks happily
– Help build our studio culture as we grow
YOU MUST BE:
– An intensely visual person who loves taking ideas and making them manifest in the real world
– Someone with an expansive concept of visual storytelling
– Extremely detail-oriented
– A native to interactivity in mobile and web formats
– A true collaborator who loves to work with people (even if you also like to work alone)
– Deeply curious and passionate about design and communications
– Authentic, optimistic, excited, and honest with your own worldview
– Open to critique and learning from the team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
– At least a couple of years working in an agency or studio environment, even as contractor
– Expertise in design and layout programs (Adobe CC: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch)
– Experience in InVision or other UX apps a plus
– Great communication skills
– A strong knowledge of the design process in order to develop and deliver complex projects
– The ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
– The ability to take and respond to feedback
– The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
This position is located in Portland, OR, at our studio at SE Hawthorne and 42nd Ave. The position includes some flex hours and pays a competitive, comprehensive salary.
Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com.