Seeking Design & Marketing Intern/Apprentice
I am an established freelancer seeking junior-level design and marketing support.
This position is part internship, part freelance gig, part apprenticeship. You would get paid to work on
real client projects, while also gaining experience in the day-to-day demands of self-employment (e.g.
time tracking, project management, estimating, budgeting, invoicing, client communications, etc.). The
ideal candidate would have a broad mix of graphic design and marketing/advertising skills — perhaps a
double major, or major/minor — with a curious nature, a can-do attitude, and an interest in selfemployment
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce derivative digital and print designs working from templates, existing documents, or
brand style guides.
• Contribute visual and creative concepts to new design projects. Typical projects include: brand
identity, wireframes/UX, website design, print collateral, animated or static banner ads, trade
show booths, and more.
• Sourcing and editing stock imagery.
• Sourcing visual inspiration for new projects.
• Executing revisions based on client feedback.
• Producing and posting blog and social content for clients.
• Researching trends and products/solutions to solve client or business needs.
• Producing self-promotional materials for business.
• Developing existing processes and resources into more formalized, proprietary business tools.
• Write content for landing pages and online marketing ads (Adroll, AdWords)
• Junior or Senior undergrad
• Proficient in Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Portfolio showing range of abilities in both digital and print design
• Attentive/obsessive to small details
• Curious, ambitious, with a strong drive to learn and improve
• Available 10-20 hrs per week
• Ability to work from home / Workspace not provided
• Ability to attend weekly meetings in-person
• Personal laptop with current version of Adobe Creative Cloud
Apply via Handshake at https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/1375861