Background: The Hollywood Theatre is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to entertain, inspire, educate and connect the community through the art of film while preserving a historic Portland landmark. For more information please visit www.hollywoodtheatre.org. ?
Title: Merchandise Design Intern ?
Reports to: Creative Advocate, Executive Director, Director of Programs and Community Engagement ?
Hours: 10-20/week; flexible schedule provided all deadlines & benchmarks are met. ?
Compensation: Position is unpaid. Intern will receive discounted or free tickets to screenings and special events at the Hollywood Theatre. ?
Position Description: The Merchandise Design intern will strengthen the Hollywood Theatre brand and community recognition by designing innovative merchandise items such as pint glasses, t-shirts, commemorative posters, etc. Merchandise intern will assist in all aspects of design process, from conceptualization to final implementation and display.
- Create unique, visually compelling designs for Theatre merchandise with extremely limited resources while adhering to tight deadlines
- Work with Creative Advocate to enhance existing formal brand guidelines ?
- Adept problem solver, able to complete projects under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Well rounded portfolio with examples of exceptional client or student projects
- Exceptional multi-tasker
- Experience working with limited supervision
To Apply: Please send resume, cover letter and work samples to Justen Harn –