The PSU Center for Real Estate seeks a Design & Communications Student Assistant to provide graphic design and administrative support for the Center for Real Estate activities and academic programs. Reporting to the Center for Real Estate’s Program Manager, the Design & Communications Assistant will work with the Center for Real Estate staff, as well as the Executive Director, to assist in creating compelling communication pieces for PSU Center for Real Estate internal and external audiences, assist in building relationships with alumni, the Center’s advisory board, students, and faculty to advance the Center, and perform administrative functions as needed.
• Design and edit various communication pieces for the Center for Real Estate, including newsletters, postcards, flyers, and digital signage and banners.
• Conceptualize, design, produce, and edit content for the Center for Real Estate’s Quarterly Journal; Coordinate the Quarterly Journal production process to ensure quality and inspect proofs for accuracy.
• Support social media by providing photographs, ideas, posts, etc.
• Provide support for Center for Real Estate activities, such as the Center’s Annual spring real estate conference and scholarship networking reception.
• Provide administrative support for Center staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Proficient in graphic design, preferably in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Shared Drives
• Working knowledge of Adobe CC Libraries and advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign
• Must be conscientious, detail-oriented, and a creative problem solver
• Interested in communications, marketing, development, social media
• Strong design skills and layout sense
• Exceptional attention to detail; passionate about getting it right
• Solid time management and prioritization skills; ability to be highly organized
• Ability to take direction well and receptive to constructive criticism
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to take initiative and make decisions as necessary
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be PSU student and be a sophomore, junior, or senior standing (completion of one’s sophomore portfolio is required) or graduate student
• Maintain the minimum credit hours each term/be eligible to be a student employee
Hours and Rate:
• Starting at $13.00 an hour (depending on experience), 15-20 hours a week depending on Center’s work needs
Applicants must email their resume and cover letter to PSU Center for Real Estate’s Executive Director, Julie Gibson, firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19, 2018.