The PSU Center for Real Estate seeks a Design & Communications Student Assistant to provide
graphic design and administrative support for the Center for Real Estate communications and
development. Reporting to the Center’s Program Manager, the Design & Communications Assistant will
work with the Center for Real Estate staff to assist in creating compelling communications pieces for PSU
Center for Real Estate internal and external audiences. The role will be entirely remote at this time, and
once PSU resumes in-person classes the role will be a blend of in person and remote work.
• Design and edit various communication pieces for the Center for Real Estate, including
newsletters, postcards, flyers, and digital signage and banners.
• Conceptualize, design, produce, and edit content for the Center for Real Estate’s Quarterly
Journal; Coordinate the Quarterly Journal production process to ensure quality and inspect proofs
• Support social media by providing photographs, ideas, posts, etc.
• Provide support for Center for Real Estate activities, such as the Center’s Annual spring real
estate conference and scholarship networking reception.
• Provide administrative support for Center staff
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong design skills and layout sense
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid time management and prioritization skills
• Highly organized with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign
• Working knowledge of Illustrator
• Working knowledge of Adobe CC Libraries
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google Shared Drives
• Working knowledge of Photoshop (preferred)
• Social Media knowledge (preferred)
• Must be PSU student and be a sophomore or junior (completion of one’s sophomore portfolio is
required) or graduate student
• Maintain the minimum credit hours each term/be eligible to be a student employee
Hours and Rate:
• Starting at $13.25 an hour (depending on experience), 15-20 hours a week depending on Center’s
• This position begins in January, 2021, and requires a minimum 12 month commitment to the position.
Check out the Center for Real Estate at https://www.pdx.edu/realestate/ and the PSU Quarterly
at https://www.pdx.edu/realestate/research-0. If you have any questions about the position, reach out to
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and pdf portfolio. Deadline to apply is November 30th.