The Curatorial Coordinator supports the mission of the Littman & White Galleries and Portland State University by maintaining an aesthetic program and adhering to an aesthetic vision of their own or a cooperative making. The Curatorial Coordinator is responsible for researching artists to invite, managing artist communication and needs, and preparing written materials regarding exhibitions including press releases, curatorial statements or essays. This person is responsible for inspiring discussion and/or thought regarding the work exhibited.
The ideal candidate is detail orientated, takes initiative, has an interest in and knowledge of contemporary art and curatorial studies, has well developed communication skills, can navigate Adobe suite, can discuss art in an open and inclusive way, emphasizing education and promoting interest.
* Maintain aesthetic program and create an aesthetic vision
* Compile and produce documents for monthly catalogue (artist statement, curatorial statement, etc.)
* Research artists to invite
* Review and responding to submissions
* Communicate with Faculty Advisor
*Work with artists
* Manage artist-oriented aspects of exhibition administration
- Bring artists to the whole group for approval
- Manage rejection and