As the Coordinator of Creative Services you will be a valuable member of the Portland State
Athletics External Affairs team. You will be the lead in creating graphic design elements to be used
across e-mail, social media, web, and print platforms for the purpose of driving engagement and
revenue. The successful candidate will produce engaging digital and print content that will drive
lead generation and help PSU Athletics to grow revenues in all external areas.
Primary Job Duties
1. Digital Media
● Produce engaging content in the form of graphic design, photography, and/or short form
video and motion graphics to effectively promote PSU Athletics.
○ Projects may include social media interactives, hype videos, spirit elements, etc.
● Direct the production of visual content for all social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter,
Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat etc.) and select venue videoboard content.
● Assist the Director of Marketing & Creative Services with website maintenance including
features, page design, development, advertisements and more.
● Develop illustrations for logos, presentations, multimedia projects and presentations.
2. Print Media
● Creation of large format print projects, including stadium/venue signage.
● Development of printed sales materials for season/single game ticket sales campaigns.
● Creation of invitations, flyers, posters and other print materials as needed/assigned.
● Ability to work with print vendors to communicate project goals, budget and timeline.
3. Project Management
● Assist in the creation of promotional plans for all ticketed sports Football, Volleyball, Men’s
& Women’s Basketball.
● Manage project timelines maintaining on-time and on-budget delivery of products.
● Set and maintain standards of excellence for imagery used across all platforms.
● Source, negotiate and manage freelance employees when workload requires.
4. Sport Specific Projects
● Graphic design projects for sport specific recruiting efforts, promotional materials and
other items on an as needed/requested basis.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples to Cory Hansen at
Knowledge of the sports and/or entertainment industry. Currently majoring or minoring in graphic
design, or have graduated with a degree in graphic design, and able to provide recent samples of
work. Proficiency required in Adobe Creative Suite software, including, but not limited to
Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Basic knowledge of HTML and web development. Knowledge
of industry standards for printing setup, including mail merges and large format printing.
Willingness to learn/adhere to NCAA rules and regulations. Excellent organizational,
communication and administrative skills.
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Video production software including but not limited to After
Effects, Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, or other comparative programs. Knowledge of new media trends
in the sports/athletics/entertainment industry. Desire to work in the athletics/sport industry.
Required Availability – Applicants should plan to spend 20 hours per week in the office and be able
to attend weekly staff meetings with the PSU Athletics External Team, however, this is a student
position that can be flexible to class schedule and coursework.
Compensation Information – This will be a funded with a combination of a stipend and tuition
remission. A monthly cash stipend of $1,000 will be be paid each month for 10 months.
Tuition remission will be loaded directly into your student account to cover tuition and
fees each term. Actual amounts will vary depending on student status, course load and other
financial aid awarded. Tuition remission not to exceed $9,000 for the academic year.
Additional Benefits – The position will provide the candidate an avenue to begin a career in sport
and athletic administration. The candidate will be fully immersed in all facets of our program,
including the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with our coaches and senior staff
members. Other benefits include Nike gear and access to staff complimentary tickets.
Questions – For more information about this position or other opportunities with PSU Athletics,
please reach out to Cory Hansen at email@example.com or 503.725.6810.