Dark Horse Comics is seeking a creative, motivated, and organized graphic designer.
Do you have publishing design experience? Can you make a fabulous comic book logo? Do you have an interest in popular culture and the portfolio to back it up? We would love to see your work.
Projects will include (but are not limited to): logo design, trade book design, art book design, 3-D packaging, marketing material production, publishing and advertising resizes, typesetting of novels, miscellaneous collateral and more!
The ideal candidate will be able to learn quickly and meet the following expectations:
• Ability to multi-task and work quickly under tight deadlines
• Work well in a team environment and/or independently
• Have a great design sense
• Interest in popular culture, including video games.
• Have a “Get the job done right the first time” attitude
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Great communication skills (both written and verbal)
• 4-color printing experience
We are a Mac/CC environment.
We offer a creative, fun and casual work environment. This is a contract position that has potential to turn into a permanent hire. Salary is dependent upon experience.
For qualified and interested candidates, please send a cover letter, resume, samples and salary requirements to:
Mail to: Dark Horse Comics, Inc., Attn. HR/ Art Director, 10956 SE Main Street Milwaukie, OR 97222.
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (attention: Art Director)
Ideal samples include examples of: Logo design, typography, layout, Photoshop skill, advertising, 3-D packaging and book jacket designs. Any illustrative skills, a text-heavy piece and three fun things that show creativity, ingenuity, and “who you are.”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.