The School of Business Administration (SBA) at Portland State University is looking for a Graduate Student Communications Coordinator. This position will report to the Director of Development, and will assist the External Relations Team in developing and maintaining communications with SBA alumni and donors. Projects that focus on current students may be assigned on an ad hoc basis. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience with a variety of writing and graphic design projects for their portfolio.
This position is responsible for
• Managing the SBA website and associated Center and Department sites
• Researching, proposing, writing, and updating content (news briefs, faculty and alumni profiles, etc.)
• Designing print and web advertising and marketing materials for the college’s development initiatives and events.
• Developing e-newsletters and annual print newsletter in collaboration with SBA marketing team
• Maintaining web content and updating the SBA syndicated news/events channel
• Help manage the SBA social media channels (Facebook and LinkedIn)
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver. Knowledge of Illustrator.)
• Basic HTML and Drupal Content Management platform (training provided)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Experience with print production and working with vendors (Modern Postcard, Kinkos, Documart, offset printing)
• Solid writing skills with ability to write AP style, press releases, marketing content, fundraising letters, etc.
This is a student worker position. Undergraduate applications welcome.
$12.50 per hour
20 hours per week
Contact Hilary Elgin, Assistant Director of Development, with a resume and a cover letter.
Feel free to include any past projects or design portfolio.