• Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials from client or project manager.
• Plans concept by studying information and materials.
• Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
• Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval and working with customer on revisions as necessary.
• Prepares final layout and art.
• Completes projects by coordinating with duplicating or other vendor for final product.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
This position has a very high potential to convert into a full-time position!
About Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
For more than 50 years, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory has put discovery in action, reshaping the way we work and live. PNNL’s scientific discoveries and innovations have led to more fuel efficient cars and an electric power grid that is more reliable and efficient. They have made airports, borders and workplaces safer. And they have created better ways to address environmental challenges and protect natural resources. Today, we continue to address big challenges like our nation’s energy capacity, helping to curb our dependence on imported fuel, and protecting the nation from acts of violence.
Candidates must be degree-seeking students enrolled at an accredited college or university. Candidates must be taking at least 6 credit hours and have an overall GPA of 2.5.
The candidate must:
• Have strong skills in Adobe Creative Suite
• Be enrolled in an undergraduate program
• Innovative and creative graphic design skills including: page layout, poster design, website design, illustration (technical and conceptual)
• Other important skills include; customer focus, flexibility, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, working within corporate identity guidelines
• Be able to get along with diverse personalities and build rapport
• Experience with photography and video/audio editing a plus
• 3.0 GPA or higher is preferred
• Should be in last semester/quarter of sophomore year or a junior at an accredited college or university
• Have a portfolio available for review (required)
Apply at: http://pnnl.jobs/richland-wa/business-student-branding-and-creative-services/6449314EB3BA4A43ABC1AE4088CC1222/job/