Internship Opportunity at ProjectGrow
Project Grow is an art studio, gallery and urban farm that supports adult artists with developmental disabilities. We are located in North Portland and are open Monday through Friday from 9am to 2pm year round. We are accepting applications for an Art Marketing Intern. The Art Marketing Intern will work alongside our staff to develop and implement marketing strategies for the artwork produced by Project Grow Artists.
The position will include developing an Art Rental program and establishing a few on-going clients. The intern will also be developing marketing strategies for fine art and crafts.
Project Grow has a long history of dedicated volunteers and interns who share belief in the tenets of our studio program: that people of all abilities should have access to the arts and the opportunity to earn an income through art sales. We are looking for qualified individuals for this internship position that are also dedicated to further developing the trajectory of our unique program.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
– Promoting fine art to galleries and exhibition spaces and obtaining exhibition and sale opportunities.
– Developing and implementing an Art Rental Program to operate out of our studio space and obtaining on-going clients
– Promoting home/craft products (weavings and ceramics) to shops in Portland and building relationships with businesses to carry our products.
– Developing an online marketing strategy for all artwork and working with the Albertina Kerr marketing staff to implement the plan.
– Previous marketing experience
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Skilled at building professional and positive relationships with businesses
– Experience in developing marketing strategies
– Ability to work independently in a flexible environment and communicate in timely manner with staff
– A Commitment to serving the non-profit arts field
Additional Preferred Skills
– Design experience and design software familiarity (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
– Professional or academic experience with an arts or arts-service organization
– Art sales / art handling experience
Hours and Compensation
This is an unpaid internship. We are able to, but not limited to working with educational programs that require internships for class credit. We are looking for an intern who can commit to a minimum of 10 hours a week for 12 weeks.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org