The Administrative Coordinator supports the mission of the Littman & White Galleries and Portland State University by supervising staff members and developing a productive team atmosphere, managing artist files, SFC budget and deadlines. The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for learning all aspects of the running the gallery. This person troubleshoots problems as they arise and works to develop and reach team goals.
The ideal candidate is detail orientated, an experienced leader, takes initiative, has an interest in and knowledge of contemporary art, has well developed communication skills, can navigate Adobe suite, can discuss art in an open and inclusive way, emphasizing education and promoting interest.
* Administration *
- Manage artists files and set deadlines for programmatic tasks (assign dates for PR, post card, contracts, catering requests, vinyl titles, website updates, reminder letters, thank you cards to be completed)
- Liaise with SALP and the Student Fee Committee for budgetary and administrative functions
Develop and manage the budget, including composing term and annual reports and reporting regularly to the staff
- Establish goals for fundraising and develop programs to meet goals
- Oversee all marketing and communication efforts, providing a final check of postcards, press releases and other materials as needed
- Serve on the Student Services Council as needed
* Programming, events and operations *
- Coordinate hanging with artists or assist curatorial coordinator to be sure exhibition installation runs smoothly
- Manage opening reception including staffing, catering and other logistics
- Managing the gallery